First walk of the year!
Some local pals suggested this route through the woods starting outside of Wenzenbach, heading north. It was very pretty, and would have been quite short, but for the icy trails. Much of it runs parallel to a few creeks, so there was a lot of moisture to contend with – and much of it had turned to ice.
- need new hiking boots (soles are pretty much gone on mine)
- buying “hiking poles” (”Wanderstöcke”)
- bringing crampons along next time
- getting a thermos; really could have used a warm beverage, like
- hot chocolate
- Glühwein (make Sarah drive)
Distance: about 7.3 km Time: about 4 hours