After last week’s 60+km record breaker, I toned it back down again to 50ish today. I thought I would treat myself to some nice flat stretches along a river for the last leg. I am not so sure that is the right approach; “mostly flat” is “partly hilly” and even where truly flat, I was tired of being in the saddle, and mad at friction for forcing me to keep pedaling.
I went north and west in a counter-clockwise loop to some places with goofy-sounding names:
- Oberschlag (reminds of Schlagobers in Austrian hot chocolate contexts)
- Ellmau (made me Laugh My Ass Off)
- Loch (“hole”!?)
- GPS didn’t start tracking my progress until I was already across the Donau for some damn reason
- 5 storks in one field (at least one was a youngster and harder to see)!
- More river sportos out there today (we are still deep in the Sommerferien after all): paddleboards, personal watercraft, fishing huts
- Along the Naab, south of Pielenhofen, maybe around Distelhausen there were a bunch of very non-typical German-looking houses. The kind I rather would have expected in the fancier neighborhoods of KCMO. Weird.
- I rather enjoyed the 4 km downhill stretch from Trischlberg towards Heitzenhofen.
- Around Duggendorf I took a little break and accidentally stopped counting my calories and exertion times.
Distance: >= 50 km Time: 1:50 + 1:18 Calories: 951 + 794 Calories from fat: 31%, 25% Average Heart Rate: 115, 124 Maximum Heart Rate: 141, 144 Fat Burn: 1:07 + 17 Fitness: 0:43 + 1:01 Weight: not weighed